Sunday, February 10, 2008

Tobiah objected, however: "Brother Azariah, I have heard that this woman has already been married seven times, and that her husbands died in their bridal chambers. On the very night they approached her, they dropped dead. And I have heard it said that it was a demon who killed them. So now I too am afraid of this demon. Because he loves her, he does not harm her; but he does slay any man who wishes to come close to her. I am my father's only child. If I should die, I would bring my father and mother down to their grave in sorrow over me. And they have no other son to bury them!" (Tobit 6:14-15)

When another has often failed it is not unreasonable to conclude that she or he is the common cause. We are inclined to avoid from self-protection.

We are a bit more generous with ourselves, but even here constant failure will incite fear and more. We wonder and worry about the cause.

What are your demons? What are mine? Does a demon love us? Do we love a demon? If so avoidance is not the solution. But how do we find a solution?

No comments: